Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Justpeachy
      Participant

I had a low moment today and called the rape crisis helpline, and the lady there told me she was really proud of me for getting myself into therapy and trying to be better.

My friend who has also been SA-ed in the past also said she thought I was really strong for dating again afterwards.

So I just want to say to whoever is reading this: You are strong.

Whatever you think is the bare minimum, even just reading this and posting here means you’ve taken back something of your life and I’m proud of you for doing that.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am also proud of you (lots) whether it counts or not? You’ve been though an ordeal that no one should experience that damages your mind, soul and body and leaves you feeling the most disgusting worthless piece of **** going, so for you to be in positive moments and be a cheerleader for us is just something else, well done, be proud of yourself and get every bit of support you need 🥇⭐️👍🏻

Justpeachy
        Participant

Thanks so much Auriel, of course it means a lot! And you’re right that cheerleading is difficult, so thank you for doing it so often too 🙂

Anonymous
        Inactive

It is difficult hun really difficult (I know, personal experience) when we become o cheerleader for others they in turn do the same and then we start our own cycle (the opposite of the abuse one)😉👍🏻💛

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content