Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Iwon
      Participant

I was writing in my journal last night. A funny memory came to me. He is standing over me glaring down at me. He was saying his consultant has told him he had a sexually transmitted disease in his bottom and the top consultant told him ” your wife has given that to you because she is dirty and horrible and sleeps around I remember looking up at him glaring at me and co started to laugh and laugh and laughed.

He was incensed. Why are you laughing. You have given me an Stu, my consultant told necyou did!

I had just found out he had been going to gay male saunas for years.

In an effort to inject a bit of humour into my day I have put an elastic band on my arm and every time a bad memory comes back instead of thinking about it and getting upset I flick the elastic band say (Detail removed by Moderator) and the thoughts stop! D
      Really helping x*x

well done iwon, must try that, yes, you have to laugh, although we know it is really not funny, but
      humour a powerful thing I feel in recovery
      x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content