Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

So my abusive ex has moved on very quickly and now engaged to a much younger much more exotic person than me…
      I’m an idiot my children told me about the fiancé so I checked her social media.. and there it was photos all looking so romantic and beautiful. He’s even sent videos of him playing same songs as he used to sing to me, has her drinking from the same cup he threw hot tea on me with… taken her to the same places but told her he’s never been there before…
      he’s got a parcel delivered to mine so I will need to give it to him in front of her when we do handovers with children this week…
      I don’t want him back after what he put me through but this hurts so much. Years of therapy and I can’t let the pain go…
      I know I shouldn’t have looked, I know it’s none of my business but he told me the children were lying and I had to check but now I just feel horrible I don’t know why…
      Friends and family say this one might work out for him as she will be more willing to play traditional wife. Which I was never able for… I feel like a total failure…

fizzylem
      Participant

Lol this one will not work out! He IS the man you know, she will also find this out in due course. NO woman can change these guys, we have different tolerances that’s all, but at the end of the day his behaviour is/will be wrong whoever he is with.

It’s painful finding this out but I found the anticpation was much worse than the hit; the hit does pass and you will adjust. Give yourself some time to get used to the idea, but no more checking SM now you know AW! Promise! Remember you are out, that life is gone and for this you are thankful! Remember how dreadful it was?! I know I do and there is definately no going back to that for me. I pity anyone he inflicts himself upon x

HunkyDory
      Participant

Fizzy is right, you’re not an idiot and he hasn’t changed. She’ll find out eventually what he is, he can’t hide his true self forever. Be happy you’re free from him and look forward to a happier life without him xx

Fudgecake
      Participant

There’s a saying “A leopard never changes it’s spots.”

He won’t change either. You know and can see what’s going to happen to this woman who has had the misfortune to meet him. It will be like deja vu. All you can do is feel sorry for her, hard as that may be.

diymum@1
      Participant

These men objectify all women. He has replaced you and u can see that because he’s giving her the same things he gave u. She’s just a replacement so she really does mean nothing to him. She’s an object in his eyes not human so he can do as he pleases with her. My ex did this he replaced me and he rubbed my nose in it then treated her really badly I heard she was terrified and had to call the police one night xx this is an illusion ur seeing on SM it’s not the true picture xx don’t punish urself because this is what he wants – if you truely happy do you really have to plaster it all over fb. I wouldn’t – please don’t think this will be any different for her – I feel very sorry for what’s ahead for her she might silently ‘put up’ with him and that’s no life. Look at it this way you now have the option to live abuser free xx that’s really living xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content