Why join Women’s Aid?
Keeping the voices of survivors and service providers at the heart of our work, Women’s Aid’s mission since 1974 has been to put an end to domestic and sexual abuse through:
- Protection – by influencing policy change and key decision makers
- Prevention – through raising awareness and education
- Provision – of the services needed to help survivors of domestic and sexual abuse
Women’s Aid works to represent and support our members and over service users through the delivery of our core activities and services:
- Providing specialist information, training and resources for our national network of over 300 services, as well as for statutory, voluntary and corporate bodies and the general public
- National lobbying and campaigning: representing the experiences and needs of our service users and membership to government and national agencies
- Providing a 24 hour national information and referral point for survivors and victims of domestic violence, statutory and voluntary agencies and the general public through our unique online services, and through the National Domestic Violence Helpline (run by Women’s Aid and Refuge)
- Research and data collection on needs and service provision to inform policy and service development
- Raising public awareness through award-winning public education campaigns and new education resources.
- Promoting national standards for service provision and staff training across all agencies
- National Training Centre delivering specialist accredited training
Information about UKROL – the UK domestic violence information service
UKRefugesonline is a UK-wide online information system which contains information about domestic violence/abuse services available for women and children and refuge vacancies. Find out more about it.
If you are a service who provides direct services to women and children experiencing domestic violence, and would like to place your details on this system please contact your relevant federation partner:
Northern Ireland Women’s Aid Federation
Scottish Women’s Aid
Welsh Women’s Aid
Women’s Aid Federation of England