Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mellow
      Blocked

Does anyone have this with their abuser my ex only says they or friends when referring to conversations I never know who the conversations are with but he will say they told me this about you or my friend said that.what does this mean?its very hurtful.
      My ex appeared to have lived a double life what does it mean

StrongLife
      Participant

Understand what you mean by double life.

He had online mates and irl friends, gambling mates – one group would be replaced by others.

Hard to keep up. I had threats afterwards concerning these mates. No idea of some of these mates and what all the calls/costs were for.

Ultimately it’s of little relevance now – they were probably more lies.

Moonlit Night
      Participant

Maybe they were just people that he talked at, were in a room with, rather than friends which would need some level of give/take, mutuality, etc that he may not be capable of maintaining.

Talking of friends that you don’t know about/don’t entirely exist may make him feel/appear more functional, that he has more than just you.

When he’s says told them about x you this may be to validate his own distorted frame of reference so suit his own narrative so he doesn’t have to take responsibility.. and they may back it up as he could make you sound outrageous and him calm and rational in the scenario.

Sounds like he’s protecting himself because he needs to ..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content