Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      swanlake
      Participant

The good news is that I have been invited to have some more counselling with a local charity.
      I’ve previously had counselling to do with abusive relationships. I think that healing from those things is ongoing.
      I’m hoping that this round of counselling will be about my identity and true self and hopefully that will help with the anxiety and Body Focused Repetitive Behaviours and everything else going on.
      I’m also hoping to come to terms with my neurodiverse identity, which of course my abuser preyed upon, taking advantage of my different communication skills and emotional awareness, rejection sensitivity etc.
      I’m trying to think of things to mention in our first session next week. As well as working and looking after family members!

tryingtosleep
      Participant

Good luck with your counselling @swanlake
      Counselling is never an easy option – but I think it helps…

I am having some counselling at the moment – and while I do find it useful – I also find it very exhausting and question myself a great deal on what I am getting out of it.
      But I do think it helps me to know myself a little better – especially after all of the things that we have been through.

swanlake
      Participant

I must admit that because I’ve suffered so much with my mental health I assume that everyone does!
      I’ve had several lots of counselling and been to more than one group for people who have experienced abusive relationships.
      It is exhausting isn’t it, but now my mental health is affecting my physical health with various autoimmune diseases so back I go to counselling to see if it will help to reduce my stress in the longer term.
      Take very good care of yourself, that’s reminded me to plan in some extra self care time in my diary whilst I’m having the counselling.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content