Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lionking
      Participant

Just need to vent about the daily harassment I’m getting from my husband as I’ve told him I want to separate.

He won’t accept it and the conversation range from saying he just knows we’re meant to be together to saying I’m running away from my problems (and naming other times he feels I have done this) to saying I need to just make peace with what’s happened and look forward to saying how disruptive it’s going to be for the kids etc.

He keeps saying how hurt he is that I seem happy about the thought of moving on and how he feels blindsided by the most important person in his life. That it seems like I don’t care and that I just want to flippantly throw away our marriage.

He says I’ve turned my back on people and just cut them out of my life and how he will be added to the list (this happened with (detail removed by Moderator) who completely disrespected me regularly).

He tells me how he has spoken to people, both professional and friends about how no one can understand why I won’t give him another chance.

It’s exhausting!!!!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Lionking,

It sounds exhausting!

I’m so sorry that he’s putting you through this barrage of tactics to try and stop you leaving. He’s being extremely manipulative and trying everything he can to keep his control. He’s saying whatever he thinks will get the result he wants. Stay strong to what you know feels right for you, you deserve to be free of abuse.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

silversapphire
      Participant

@Lionking

Put your own ambitions and health first.

Your husband is outraged and shocked to realise that you have the courage to leave him, ending his control over your daily life.
      He does not want you to regain your freedom and build a happy life that does not revolve around him or his demands.
      To try to prevent his control from ending he will harass you, lie through his teeth, gaslight, make mass empty promises, threaten, humiliate, badmouth you to your children, all mutual friends and everyone else he thinks may believe his nonsense.

You can build a happy life for your children and yourself.
      You have the strength and the positive mindset to do it.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content