Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

I won’t be able to write it here. So many times he has yelled at me that I am a part of the female anatomy beginning with C. Since my mum died he has only been onto me about what she has left in her will so I called him a (Detail removed by Moderator). He shouted at me that I was being abusive and that he would call the police. I have since asked him not to come into the house unannounced as I would not do the same to him. Frankly I am feeling a bit frightened.

I am glad he finally knows what I think of him. I am afraid that I may have kicked over a hornet’s nest. I am now actually angry with him.

Only just beginning to realise what normal sex feels like again, and I know it’s early days, but the way my ex has treated me is glowing through like an angry spot.

BlueGray
      Participant

I think we do well to keep everything under wraps and controlled. Sometimes it just comes out. You are the better person for acknowledging it isn’t a nice thing to say (Detail removed by Moderator)
      Is he living there ? Why has he been able to come in.

maddog
      Participant

He has moved out and I told him that I didn’t think he would like it if he found me in his house. I find it completely unacceptable to find my ex climbing the stairs of a house he no longer lives in to see our daughter in her bedroom. I told him that nobody was up. He then left in a sulk. His sulks involve plotting and scheming.

I am unable to change the locks as we both own the house.

I have just spoken to WA helpline and I think I can email him to tell him not to come to the house and that it is better that he does not take the dogs out.

I am reeling.

BlueGray
      Participant

Oh no really you can’t change locks. This must be so intimidating him waltzing in like that. It may be a house shared but it’s your home.

Must be so so hard to put distance between you.

White Rose
      Participant

I sense your fury Maddog and it’s not unreasonable.
      It’s a shame you can’t change the locks as it means he has free entry to his “home” but you can leave a key in the inside with door locked so he can’t get in without you opening the door or you could drop tbe latch if its one of those type locks. Depends on type of lock. And you can get bolts fitted to use when you are inside. That way he has access but only if you let him in – puts you back in control. And all you’re doing is what many people do as safety measure so there’d be no come back on it.
      Don’t worry about calling him names – (Detail removed by Moderator) and police won’t be in tbe least bit interested I’m sure!

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Tell the police that this is no longer his home, because you are separated because of his abuse. A court form can be completed for an occupation order on the grounds of his abuse. It’s not putting the kids first to just turn up and, it disruptive to their consistency and reliability and causes unease in them.

It’s wro ng on so many fronts, and abusive.

maddog
      Participant

When he started climbing through windows and I had recorded him I reported it to the domestic violence unit. It was so ridiculous that I felt quite stupid. The OIC should know that he has moved out as the DVU told me they’d pass on the information. I haven’t spoken directly to the OIC.

He certainly isn’t putting the kids first. I think they are barely on his agenda. Feathering his nest on the other hand, is. Taking the dogs out is an excuse for him to access a house he no longer lives in. I am now paying the bill and paying for the children.

I hate sending him emails. I think it would be sensible though to at least have a paper trail of correspondence with him.

KIP.
      Participant

Get an occupation order or he will move back in. He’s not giving up his rights that easily. I worry that emailing him may just provoke him to move back in sooner. He sounds just like my ex. He moved out to look good and reasonable at the time but that never lasts.

maddog
      Participant

Thank you all for your kindness and support. It really rattled me to get angry enough to call him what he is. Although I don’t hate him, now he no longer lives in the house I am feeling increasingly angry towards him. I’ve met someone I enjoy spending time with and it’s good to know that my creaking body still works. It shocks me how many horrible things have happened to me for so many years and that I really was no more than a series of holes for my ex. I am back on the list for Rape Crisis counselling. I don’t want to discuss these things with my new friend and have told him that I can’t discuss it. My RL girlfriends are being fantastic. So many really good things are happening. I feel as though the ship is finally turning. However, I have this monster of an ex in the shadows.

maddog
      Participant

I don’t think my ex will be back while he has his eyes on my mum’s estate. This is what riles me. That he has offered no condolences, never had any kind of relationship with her, has threatened to start a fight if my family came to stay and has used really vile language against me and my family. Now he just wants money.

KIP.
      Participant

He will sense a change in you. See you forging ahead without him. It will make him more determined to ruin things for you. Stay safe x

Don’t feel bad, (Detail removed by Moderator) I don’t advocate heated language normally, but these people are animals and their abuse is f*****g disgusting (Detail removed by Moderator) This DOES NOT make you abusive, you are coming from a place of pain and fear and you know that he is the one in the wrong, all those feelings are RIGHT (Detail removed by Moderator).

Agreed about changing the locks and court order, stay safe. x

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content