Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RXRX
      Participant

Just people’s views; my partner keeps trying to engage in sex when our young daughter shares our bed. Not that I want to engage at all anyways. But in that scenario I find it very strange and am totally uncomfortable with it so say no. He then says I’m weird because she’s asleep and doesn’t even know and just goes completely off with me because I turned him down. I just think it’s strange.

Is this normal or not?

Hawthorn
      Participant

Hi didn’t want to read and run…

My view is that no this is absolutely not normal. Getting turned on/ wanting to have sex while your child is in the same bed is more than strange, it’s downright disturbing and a major cause of concern in my opinion.

Please don’t let him and his depraved behavior convince you that you are the one in the wrong. I would say refusing his advances and feeling uncomfortable is 100% the normal response here.

Take care, this stuff is really hard to figure out while you’re in it. Keep posting x

Bananaboat
      Participant

No that’s no ok. My ex tried it too, I got called horrible names for saying no. I think they do it to test our boundaries, they love seeing us uncomfortable and love to be the victim – she said no to me, then use that as an excuse to be vile. Don’t know if you’re the same but if I ever tried to initiate he’d reject me, but if there was ever an inappropriate time, place or moment – infront of kids, when ill, time of the month etc, he’d try and make me out to be frigid or whatever. Stand your ground, the child comes first xx

RXRX
      Participant

Thank you!
      it’s always at the most inappropriate time. Then I’m all the bad ones if I reject him. He says I don’t love him or respect him, he’ll easily find someone who would. To which I say go on then. I can’t bear the thought of him even touching me after what he says. He doesn’t mean it though as it’s only in an argument… I take it to heart and apparently I say things I don’t mean either.

Bananaboat
        Participant

That’s gaslighting right there lovely. He doesn’t mean it because it’s an argument and you say things too…no no he means it. Yeah we all say things in anger but te difference here is that the way he’s saying it isn’t to resolve matters but to say you can’t talk to me about your concerns, and shut the conversation down. They also often use these ridiculous lines to justify their behaviour whether that’s chatting, cheating or just watching stuff online. They have to make us into the bad guy that ‘made’ them do it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content