Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterfly-A
      Participant

I received some good news (detail removed by moderator) about something I was extremely worried about.

When I got the news, I cried with happiness, I jumped up and down and screamed a little.

My husband shouted at me for being over the top, he told me and is continuing to say no that my response was stupid and unnecessary.

I wish he could just be happy for me.

Yuck, what an awful response. I’ve often been blown away at my own husband’s lack of regard for me in highly emotional times.
      I’m very happy for you for whatever it is and I’m sorry your husband feels he needs to censor you xx

Indeepindance
      Participant

Oh wow this reminded me of how I felt with my ex. Not long before I left he winced one evening when I laughed at something and said omg… really judgmentally, like he was embarrassed and I was too loud. I felt hurt, ashamed, angry and confused all at once.

Ignore his reaction and focus on your news and find someone to tell who will allow yourself your moment. I’m jumping up and down and screaming with you in spirit!

These men are so joyless.

Xxxxx

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m so sorry to hear what was said to you when you reacted happily about your good news . These people are disgraceful. It’s like we can’t be ourselves ever because in there eyes we are always wrong. I am so truly sorry for what you experienced . Instead of criticising you they should have been enthralled for you . You most certainly didn’t deserve that as you well know . You’ve done nothing wrong. Remember how important you are . I’m happy thar you had good news . Very pleased for you . Onwards and upwards. Please take care and keep safe. God bless.

Butterfly-A
      Participant

Thank you all so much.

Isn’t it funny how people on this forum can be more supportive and kind than our own spouses!

Really appreciate all your replies 🙂

Stargazing1
      Participant

Your welcome always.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content