Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshines
      Participant

I’ve come back on and had messages asking me what is it like now I’ve left him. Home life is complete and total bliss
      My children are happy and we are chilled at home !
      I am trying to shed the weight I put on whilst with him
      Cortisol face (caused by stress)
      I’ve completely stopped drinking
      I was drinking weekly when I was with him

I don’t miss him at all
      I am very angry that I stayed for so long when I should of left
      We have children
      Contact is minimal with him
      My children have reported back that he is calling them insults

I’m worried that he can’t no longer abuse me he has no moved onto to the children verbal abuse

Has anyone experienced this ?
      It seems like another form of abuse

Bananaboat
      Participant

Well done and yes, going through this now. Not sure what to do either. It’s really hard isn’t it, sorry probably not a helpful response but wanted you to know you’re not alone. x

Sunshines
      Participant

Thank you banana boat ! I suppose it’s all part of a process but at least we’ve escaped x x

Mamabrave
      Participant

I’ve also left and feel happier and less stressed at home but worry as well about child arrangements as we have a toddler and nothing has been put in place yet. I also worry he will turn them against me if not now, later.

HaPea
      Participant

This is what disturbs me. Once we break free the children still suffer because they have to go visit. Even though kiddo has said that home without a dad is much better. 🙃

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content