Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      backtome
      Participant

My little girl is struggling. She had her first contact in over (detail removed by Moderator) weeks and all the way home she kept asking me to turn the car back and go back to Daddy. She’s been asking why can’t Daddy come back and why can’t he stay just one night. She’s so young and doesn’t understand my reasons for making him leave. She must’ve dreamt about him because she woke up convinced he was downstairs (he used to sleep on the couch most nights). She’s so all over the place, getting so easily frustrated and angry at things that are usually small and insignificant. She’ll start crying at the drop of a hat and going into school she was a mess her teacher had to pick her up and cuddle her and has been teary at school they said.

How do I help her? Will she get used to this. She will be seeing him regularly so will she get into a new routine and settle into it? Or will she continue to upset like this forever an grow up hating me?

endoftherainbow
      Participant

Hello, its so sad that our children are affected like this, its difficult when they are so young, my youngest is a teenager and that has been bad enough, im sure she wont hate you, she might lash out, but that’s what they do, my daughter has been vile to me, but only because shes confident that I will still love her anyway. Im sure she will calm down and get into a routine with visits, any child suffers when parents split, but seems its always mum that gets all the problems!, Good luck xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content