Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterfly-A
      Participant

I saw a video on social media the other day.

The lady asked someone: ‘Are you a person in your own right?’

She asked what her ideal life would look like, what SHE wanted to happen, how SHE wanted her life to look.

It triggered me. It made me question if I am my own person anymore and made me question how much of my life I really have control over.

Im kind of in a sticky situation at the moment where I have to make a difficult decision soon, despite knowing what I want, I am too scared to say anything. I just keep going in circles.

But yet despite knowing how limited control is over my own life, I am still too scared to make the final decision.

Happybelle
      Participant

When the time is right, you will find that your desire for freedom is stronger than your fear and you will go for it…. and you will be stronger than you ever knew was possible.

Lionking
      Participant

Agree with Happybelle. Have faith in yourself. One day youll see the life you want and nothing will stop you getting there. Try reading ‘Manifest’ by Roxie Nafousi. X

Lionking
      Participant

Agree with Happybelle. Have faith in yourself. One day youll see the life you want and nothing will stop you getting there. Try reading ‘Manifest’ by Roxie Nafousi. X

Bananaboat
      Participant

100% agree with Happybelle. It’s so easy to just go with the flow but something that really helped me was to think about next Christmas/birthday/holiday and do you want them to be like this? If you have kids remember they only get one childhood, one chance to make happy memories and you only have one life to enjoy, so whilst staying might seem easier at times, actually will you regret not taking that chance? xx

Bluebirds
      Participant

100% agree with all the comments. I’ve been going in circles my whole adult life… when will it end? I’ve missed lots of opportunities to leave and I think I’m In an opportunity now for me to leave for good. Scary! Who knows if I follow through with it. Seems to be all in my hands which I’m finding difficult.

Sending strength your way  x

Butterfly-A
      Participant

Hi bluebird,

Thank you for your response.

I too, feel like I am once again in an opportunity where I could leave but again too scared to do anything about it! the other night I briefly mentioned something he didn’t like and he tried to hurt himself.

I am trapped.

Sad and alone
      Participant

Agree it’s so hard, even when the opportunity arises you end up backtracking and just carrying on with the way things are. I’ve had more than one occasion where he’s asked me if I want to be with him and sometimes I have said no but then he’ll say he wants things to work and we end up at the beginning again. I think it’d help to have some sort of plan. Just steps or more knowledge or something so it doesn’t seem as scary as just walking out one day.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content