Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Smwhyle
      Participant

I gave my police interview. They need to use what I have said to questiom him and im worried they wont be able to. They wanted spcecifics of each incident or as much detail as possible. What he said for example, when almost all I can remember is it made me feel ill because it was so horrible. I also remember that he would sometimes say these things just loud enough so that I could hear but in a way as though he was talking to himself. My memory remembers some things in a lot of detail and others not much at all. It doesnt matter how important it is. And I was remembering things I hadnt brought up before including afterwards. I know thats some of the ways they use to determine if someone is making it up.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Smwhyle,

Please do not worry too much about the interview. Police should be trained enough to understand that in cases of domestic abuse, there is shock and a history of trauma involved that may affect a survivor’s ability to remember incidents when questioned.

If you have any concerns with the way you are being supported by the police, it’s always good to get your local domestic abuse service involved who can liaise with them on your behalf if necessary, to assure they are considering the affects and dynamics of domestic abuse and supporting you appropriately. It may be be useful to just engage with them for any emotional and practical advice and help you feel you need right now in general.

Take care,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content