Main Moderator

Hi Clare,

It sounds like you have been very reasonable up until now so maybe it’s time to be a bit stricter. If you don’t want your ex partner there then you can enforce it by contacting the pólice, it may seem harsh but sometimes it’s the only way. Your partner no longer lives with you so he has no right to be at your house. I know it might be a difficult thing to do especially if he is currently trying to manipulate you by being ‘nice’ but try and focus on the things that he has done before, that is the real him. This is just an act to try and get you to weaken. You know the truth and perhaps it’s time to be harder and push back. Not always easy, but definitely worth it.

Best wishes


Forum Moderator

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content