Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I feel like… an ageing car! A little Red one…I’ve traveled a long way. Through all sorts of places, seen many things…good and bad! Some very bad! I’ve dreamed of better places to be…. I’m in the repair shop now, an almost… wreck! After years of just trying to tootle along life’s road, wherever? the road took me, I was reliable, and carried many passengers. I was a comfy and dependable ride, never letting the passengers or driver down! I was intended to have a long and useful life of service and always being a good little car, I did my best. But one day…out of the blue…things started to go wrong? My engine was slowing and I couldn’t keep up anymore? Something was wrong? The sun didnt shine through my windows anymore it seemed? My lights were not showing me the way anymore in the darkness? I couldn’t see! But, I knew I had a purpose and I must be able to start in the mornings and go on, carry on, being useful? doing what was intended of me, lasting as long as possible? Before my end came. So…with each new day, my ignition would fire and I once again was ready to transport, go where I must? Not run out of fuel along the way! I was a careful little car, I thought? Always looking out my window towards the horizon on the road ahead?Untill…one day sat in my parking place I felt unable to get going? It had been a cold and long night and I had felt afraid of the darkness? Things that were about me? I hadn’t been able to see? But knew they were there! Intruders invading my space I remembered from the past came to haunt my thoughts…and my interior froze! As usual, morning came too soon… my usual driver arrived in front of me, got into his driving seat as he liked to! slamming my door! Making me shake and rattle! He aggressively, then pressed my buttons, forced his hand for me to start again…do what he wanted and put his foot down so hard, like many times before! He didn’t know or care that he was hurting my delicate workings. His lack of thought and breakneck speed his recklessness resulted in my having to slam my breaks hard! I’d almost run out of fuel but I carrieared out of control into a ditch, I couldn’t get out of? I was stranded and refused to budge! His temper got the better of him as he threatened me with all kinds of abuse, and then the police arrived in the nick of time! He was halled away and I was left there waiting…to be rescued? Given a tow rope? by Someone helping? to pull me up and out of my bad place! Now I’m in this strange place, waiting for the repair team? I am everyday…trying to start my ignition, see if I can start? Get my little wheels rolling, sometimes I manage a little movement, making a lot of effort, but I can’t go far. I’ve run out of fuel
      almost, just enough to keep me ticking over for now. My mirror shows me…my exterior is showing its age now sadly, but, my paintwork though a bit old getting, still retains some of its original sparkle, if the sun shines on me. I like it when someone kind comes along and notices I’m here, doing my best to sparkle and shine, make them feel hopeful that if an old banger like me can go on? So can they!πŸ’ž

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

What a beautiful poetic and deeply touching analogy of your experiences Hazydays😌
      Lovely, you are your beautiful authentic car AND the driver, your abusive ex made you believe you couldn’t be both but he’s wrong.
      Your car is your protection, your boundaries, and your soul is the driver. Take your sit my dear and drive to the horizon of your choosing. There is plenty of peaceful road ahead of you πŸ™‚πŸ’•πŸš˜πŸš—

Hazydayz
        Participant

HopeLifeJoy, thankyou. I do hope the road ahead is visible soon? so this once reliable runner can at last, take control and head towards bright new horizons, after mapping out a direction to follow. Safe journeys! πŸ’ž

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hi Beachnut & thanks for your reply. Yes, I surprised myself writing this post but it said everything really. I discovered, I do have a new found appreciation towards myself for enduring what I managed to, and also, a revv-ived affection for the reliable little runner that I’ve been throughout all my miles & trials in life. Yes, we all strive to survive don’t we. It’s classic of us all. Classics in time we become… don’t we just!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions β”‚ Privacy & cookie policy β”‚ Site map β”‚ Protect yourself onlineβ”‚ MediaΒ β”‚Β Jobs β”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content