Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

its been (detail removed by moderator) since i got the courage to throw the lying cheating drunken abusive rst out.. its been (detail removed by moderator) of ups and downs highs and lows. it baffles me how i can miss him but i do. but there is no way on gods given earth id ever have him back. not that he has asked hes probably shacked up with someone else now thats why hes left me alone along with the police being informed of the abuse. . plus changing my number and no contact has been the best thing ever. i have been one of the lucky ones there was only ever incident of physical abuse the rest was pure mental cruelty and financial abuse. im also lucky no kids was involved. never the less i have been through pure hell with the lying and drinking head games put downs him going missing not knowing were or who he was with. i got the courage from somewhere to take a stand take my life back take control before i took my own life because i was so close to it. i have read so many stories on here my heart breaks… what have we done to deserve this? why have we had to go through pure hell what tight have they got to put us through this. even when they have gone they still abuse us we have memories dread of them contacting or turning up. i just hope everyone on here finds the strength to get out and get away from these evil wicked jokes of men. my life is real c**p at thr minute but im rid of him rid of the awful personal hygiene rid of the dirty toiley rid of the strnch of stale booze and cigarettes rid of the lies the robbing my money. i can hold my head up now and not be ashamed to be seen with him.. we can all do this be strong fight back. take our lives back

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Well done for getting through this hard time x It does get easier, but yes they really do leave us in turmoil as the effects of the abuse doesn’t just go away just because they do. But time and selfcare really does help x
      I think it’s really good that you are able to put into words what you don’t miss – even when the feelings of longing for him comes back, you know you wouldn’t take him back. This is a really big step, well done. No contact really is a lifesaver isn’t it so even if we sometimes wonder why they aren’t contacting us and do we not matter to them, it’s a blessing in disguise when they leave us alone x
      Keep going x

Anonymous
      Inactive

it truly is the best thing no contact. i wouldn’t take him back ever because i dont trust him hes done far to much to me plus i dont know who or how many hes been with since he’s gone. i have to shut my head down thinking now. i never mattered to him i was a meal ticket a place to crash. you dont abuse someone who you love. i wreck my head why i miss him. its not a miss there is no dred of coming home to a drunk the house a tip the toilet filthy dirty s**m in the bath im free of it. i have bad cleaning OCD so he would do things to blow my mind like I say dirtuy loo.bath dishes.. mind games always paraletic no never again no thanks. i thought it was going to be a million times harder than this im worried i am dealing so well.

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I get you when you wonder about dealing so well. I think for some of us we did our grieving whilst still in the relationship, before managing to get rid of our abuser. This means that we can quickly come to enjoy being without them.

Having done some research as well, and speaking with ladies here, reading the posts, we can also come to ‘forgive’ ourselves quite quickly too, and realise that we weren’t the ones at fault, we didn’t allow the abuse.

Plus of course, living without the mess, stale alcohol, tobacco smells and the mess is such a relief to add to it.

Don’t worry, you’re doing fine.

Anonymous
      Inactive

thanks you all so much i find just posting on here how i feel helps so much. i do grieve i do feel confused but i am free I always saud there was nothing else he could do to hurt me but nothing surprises me anymore i just take one day at a time now and look to the future

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Congrats darling well done! Celebrate this mile stone, treat yourself, it’s a huge achievement to have gotten away and stayed away 👍
      We have done nothing wrong, nothing at all, they choose kind hearted people for some reason, if only they would choose each other and leave us kind people alone.

You are doing so well, going through your grief, giving your emotions the space and time they need to be processed, taking it one day at the time, you are so strong, looking towards the future, yes!
      Everyone will get to their life of freedom, everyones possess incredible strength in themselves.

I’ll tell you a little story;
      I saw a couple the other day, he was holding her hand as if he owned her, he looked cared for, she looked unkept, worn out, dirty hair and now I know why some women look like this. I always wondered why can’t she make an effort, he is. Now I know better; she wasn’t permitted to care for herself. She has been badly abused right before they came to this event, that’s why her eyes are down, sad, beaten, seemingly not present and definitely not enjoying the event.
      I couldn’t approach her, he was not letting go of her for even one second. And she wouldn’t have understood a word of what I am saying. And he would have punished her for letting me speak to her.
      But I don’t feel desperate for her. She is not helpless. I imagined how one day she will astonish everyone by getting support for herself, for having the courage to speak out and leaving him. How she will grow into a brand new woman. The woman she once was and better, stronger.
      Those were my thoughts when I saw this woman.
      There is strength in every one of us. 💪

Sending you hugs sweety 💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi hopelifejoy oh what a sad story. i began to let myself go my time was that devoted to cleaning up after him as he used my OCD against me it was horrid. only us can break the chain if we are strong enough its not east at first but so liberating once its done. i am happy finding me again . doing my thing without any worries. i can work as much as i like my money is now mine i go home to the house the way i left it i just wish i could show people how life changing it is even after a short time i been free i forgot how much fun i was how much life i have left to live. no1 will ever hurt me again or control me

HunkyDory
      Participant

Do you know what Imsosad? Apart from the fact he physically abused me a number of times, we could have been married to the same man! You’re doing great. I’m struggling as well with the feeling of missing “him”, but I miss the nice bits of our relationship that weren’t that frequent! Oh clean toilets.. bliss!! I’m sure we’ll have these moments but we’re strong enough to get through them when we remember how they made us feel most of the time. Hopelifejoy- a sad story indeed. I wish every woman in this situation could see the light and get out safely. I had a conversation with a recently separated friend this week and I could sense she wasn’t telling me something. I gently steered the conversation and hey presto. Another lovely beautiful successful woman bought down by one of these horrible men. I have told her about this forum in the hope she’ll join and get some support and now we are kindred spirits having gone through similar things. Keep going Imsosad, a day at a time. I’m so glad I found you ladies and for giving me the strength to go no contact, it’s really the best. Big hugs to you all x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

i am so proud to be part of this forum it has given me so much strength as i really felt alone in my grief. i have read so many posts that all sound like my ex it creeps me out..my sister is brilliant with me but has as much tact than a sledge hammer.. we dont want to hear “i told you so” or “your better off without him”.. oh i already know this i have just tip toed through hell just give me a hug and let me cry. but i have done this by myself and with the support or the most amazing strong women i could ever of wished to come across

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I’m truly sorry, I didn’t intend it to be a sad story, I saw strength in that woman, hidden under a thick fog of abuse certainly but I imagined the fog already dissipating around her, I wanted to emphasise on the strength inside each woman which always comes out shining brightly.

Imsosad you are showing everyone here the value of getting out by just posting as you do, it’s inspiring.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a center where they distribute hugs? A coffee with two hugs pls. It’s really all that’s needed, a good cry and a hug. I’m sure it is as helpful if not more as good therapy session. It would work for me for sure 😌

We’ll have here for giving each other virtual hugs 💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi hopelifejoy
      i was glad to read your story it makes me realise how lucky i am to have had a 3rd lucky escape. no1 will ever hurt me again. this is really weird. i was only talking to my friend the other day about looking into opening a support group locally for abused DV this is really sad my best friend who is very openly gay is also a victim of domestic violance but also from two ex partners i feel a group like that a drop in would be absolutely amazing i would gladly volunteer as this forum has saved my life i cant stress that enough.. the amount of advice i have had for my anxiety is unbelievable its been so bad at times the past couple of weeks i thought I was going to die.. so yes coffee biscuits hugs cry’s laughs chats could be awsome

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I’m glad you’re out and no never again.
      I think this forum is life saving for a great many of us. It really keeps us going to see we aren’t alone or crazy, it gives us strength and wings to eventually fly away to a safe and happy future.

In that drop in, I would get breakfast there everyday and distribute hugs and teddybears lol what a nice way to start the day 😌 I wonder how it would work though to keep it safe, no entry for abusers you know, maybe only allowed for women but then what about your gay friend? Maybe abused gay men allowed but only by reference from a woman already member…
      ☕️🍪💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

i have thought about this it would have to be certain days for certain genderes sexuality because i know the abuse is bad in the LBGT community too. its a lot to think about and organise but i think its something i an going to be passionate about. once im 100% me again and sorted my life and anxiety i am going look into how to start a group up

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

It adds complexity to your project indeed if you wish to mix genders. Your passion to create this group is essential, the logistics around the concept can be researched, I’m sure. Maybe something similar already exists?

I’m sorry your friend is also suffering from abuse, he most probably knows how to get support for himself but here it is anyway, support for men: ManKind Initiative.

I hope your anxiety subsides soon, very soon, do take enough rest, my doctor keeps repeating about the benefits and importance of a long deep nights rest. I’m swallowing anti-anxiety pills again to get me through the night and it makes such difference, my anxiety is reduced by more than half during the day.

Anonymous
      Inactive

i just wish i could sleep through the night without the anxiety waking me. i just work to exhaust myself so i can sleep then i wake feeling rubbish vicious circle really but i will get there i will make sure i will

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I know, this was exactly my thought process too! To busy myself to utter exhaustion but it doesn’t seem to work. It gets me even more agitated, as you say it’s vicious never ending circle.
      I started taking pills in the evening again since few nights and this seems to help enormously.
      My suggestion is to get strong pills to knock you out for the entire night, get a decent amount of sleep, at least 9 hours, I need 10 at the moment, I’m so exhausted.
      A good nights sleep should reduce your anxiety during the day, give you back some mental space, relax your body, your nerves, i.e. a good night sleep improves your overall well-being. 😴

Anonymous
      Inactive

i have managed to get a couple of days off im going to see the doctor. this is me time now.. x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Well done absolutely, me time is the right mindset! 👍

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content