Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Elephanttrunk
      Participant

I went to womens aid this afternoon, had to lie to him about a fake hospital appointment to go.
      It went terribly.
      6 month waiting list and they are probably gonna involve social work. So he will probably find out, my life will go up in the air with no control for me and no support.

Now I know I need to do it alone does any one have anything they can say to help?

Escapee
      Participant

Hi,

I’m so sorry you had such a negative experience.

I left under my own steam. I got scared of loosing control of the situation so I just packed myself up and left. I arranged everything myself. In a way I think this helped me as I proved to myself I wasn’t incapable like he told me and so far my world hasn’t collapsed.

I haven’t had much support from WA but I have accessed what I could. To be honest, my best source of support was and is the wonderful woman on here.

Feel free to PM me if you want specific info’.

X*x

Hetty
      Participant

I’m so sorry your appointment felt terrible for you and you left feeling like you must do things on your own. Why would they mention a social worker? Of course this is going to put you in more danger. I told the person I saw that if social services came into the equation I’d be at risk. He’d go absolutely mental. At no point did this say this would need to happen.
      It’s important you feel empowered and supported to make this incredibly difficult step.
      Have you any friend and/or family who can help you?
      Do you want to leave? Do you have a sense of what the right support for you would look like?
      Keep posting. There’s loads of help and support on here

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content