Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Safeatlast
      Participant

I’m new to this but here goes, I was only (detail removed by moderator) when I met my abuser and spent years trying to get away. After (detail removed by moderator) years I started reporting incidents to the police. The police did absolutely nothing. He spent the next 3 years continuously harassing me and damaging my property, I was left in the same house for (detail removed by moderator) years while crime after crime took place. My abuser laughed telling me police informers get away with anything! My tyres were slashed nearly every week, he wrote my car off with a bat, he had a GPS magnetic device on my car and even controlled my laptop with parental permissions on it. The police let this man destroy me!

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Hi there, welcome to the forum and it’s good to see you posting.

This sounds horrendous and certainly not like you have been supported through your very brave acts of coming forward and reporting to the police on multiple occasions even. Have you ever spoken to a Domestic Abuse Police Officer? Just had a sit down with one and gone through the history of the abuse and how he has monitored your whereabouts in the real world and online? Have you been given any reason for why the police did nothing? There are avenues through which you can complain about the police officers you have dealt with or how your case was dealt with. It sounds like he may be working with the police but that doesn’t excuse or give blanket approval to abuse you! Have you had any help through WA or other domestic abuse charity? WA can be called at any time, their number is at the top of this web page.

Be safe and keep posting x

Safeatlast
      Participant

The police used excuses like they could not locate the my abuser so that when the 7 months pass nothing could be done I dont care if my abusers reads this or identifies me because the protection wasnt their in the first place. I had to physically fight this person which caused me many injuries because ringing the police wasnt an option but I always did it to get the crime numbers to prove how badly they dealt with my situation. (court detail removed by moderator), arranging a video link with my child and then no officer turned up we was told I’m sorry we dont have an officer available

resilient
      Participant

I am so sorry for what you have experienced. The police I have dealt with have been no help and like you, wrote me off when so long had passed. It is upsetting

Stay safe * warmest wishes

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Safeatlast,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. I’m very sorry to hear of the serious abuse you have been through and the negative experience you’ve had with the police over many years. As mentioned above, you could complain through the Independent Office for Police Conduct. Of course I appreciate this may feel like extra stress that you could do without.

From your other post I can see that you’ve moved away, I acknowledge this can feel very unfair, but I hope you can feel proud for getting yourself safe and away from the abuse. I also hope you are able to feel more settled in your new area soon. If you haven’t done so already you could contact your local domestic abuse service to ask about ongoing support in your area, such as group support programmes or access to counselling.

We take safety very seriously on the forum so please can I ask that you follow the Forum Guidelines with regards to posting identifying information; I will continue to edit out any potentially identifying information as I do for all forum users.

Keep Posting,

Lisa

Safeatlast
      Participant

It’s happening again

KIP.
      Participant

Make an appointment with your local MP. You need some big guns on your side. Get support from your local women’s aid too x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content