Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Eunice Annie
      Participant

I last posted in Nov 2019, in the traumatic days surrounding leaving my soon to be ex husband (stbx). Just a brief update-
      Hardest bit was telling my adult daughters by letter. They were rocked to the core – but are supportive & recovering their equilibrium.

Any contact with lawyers triggers my trauma. But has to be lived with. I want the divorce.

No contact is wonderfully freeing.

Walking daily is healing.

I have a long way to go in recovery. Trauma lurks but I am not at all drawn to stbx – the Trauma Bond is broken & for that alone I am grateful. Good luck on your journeys. May we all find peace.

KIP.
      Participant

So good to hear this. I took a step back from the divorce because the trauma was too much. Even seeing his name on paper was a trigger so pace yourself x

Cecile
      Participant

Thanks you so much for posting this. I am very down today and your post is a reminder that I can get to the top of this mountain of woe and come out the other side to a bright happy place. Well done, you strong woman, and thanks you for telling us about your victory.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content