Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I began to look a bit more presentable.
      Since that happened men began to look at me.
      Yesterday I realized again that men stare at me when I sit alone in a coffee shop, men who also sit alone, (Detail removed by Moderator)
      This terrifies me.
      I am on a weight loss mission and I am actually going to look stunning in a year’s time.
      What if men start talking to me?
      This thought alone makes me freeze.
      (Detail removed by Moderator)
      I want to be left alone when I sit in a coffee shop.

Poodlepower
      Participant

Unwanted male attention creeps me out too, and yes it happens when I’m slimmer- I’m a bit of a yo-yo dieter! Almost makes me want to keep the weight on, like a sort of shield :-/

Ayanna
      Participant

Yep, I am in no hurry, although I have to lose weight for my health.

Alpaca
      Participant

You go girl.
      I know what you mean. I will never get involved with another man again. The bad ones hide in plain sight and I don’t trust my judgement. Best to be on my own and live my life as I want to. I plan one day to go to New York. And I haven’t been away on holiday for 19 years. I begged to go to Rome. I might as well have been asking for Jupiter. And saying that one of his favourite expressions is ‘what do yer want? A medal!’
      Well done for having the strength to pick yourself up. If men admire you, so be it. They can’t afford you. xx

maddog
      Participant

I’m too old to be looked at with any interest. When I was young enough, I stared at my feet and didn’t notice. I thought I was invisible. So this time I have to dress properly!!!

anotherlife
      Participant

I know it’s hard but just look after yourself and get yourself back to the way you want. Men may look but that doesn’t mean you’ll get hassles. We can’t stop ourselves looking nice just so we don’t get attention – we deserve to look nice for ourselves if we want to.
      I’m still stuck in my unhappy marriage & have put a stone on the to comfort eating. I really want to lose it as some of my clothes don’t fit.
      I was in a shop recently with my son buying remedies for his sore throat,queuing to be served. A guy behind, about my age, spoke to me really nicely and said he hoped my son got better soon. He was very kind. Guess what I thought – I wonder if he’s actually nice or like my husband on the inside. I think I’ll always think that way now. If I ever get out, I don’t want a man near me ever again. I could never trust anyone again and I don’t want to.
      Ayanna, just enjoy when you can dress the way you want and remember, it’s just normal to admire. I look at women who look nice / unusual / individual (I love all these new trendy hair colours!) & think how lovely they look. Maybe ad time moves on, you won’t feel so threatened. You should be able to go for coffee or cake (came please! ) and be left alone in peace x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content