Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      iwillbeok
      Participant

I had a pretty low, rubbish, weepy day yesterday and really appreciate the concern, caring and advice shared with me on here.

I managed to do a face mask yesterday and had an early night. I felt quite a bit better today and went out for the day with a friend. I was a little concerned as the last time I was there as a family. I was worried about feeling triggered but… nothing. I recognised places that we had been, where we had eaten lunch but there was nothing. No heart racing. No stomach lurching. Just a nice day spent chatting and exploring with my friend! I’m exhausted now, but mostly in a good way.

Iwillbeok x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi iwillbeok,

I am pleased to hear you had a good day. Thank you for sharing with us. Take each day as it comes, it really is an emotional rollercoaster in the aftermath of an abusive relationship.

Keep posting to us when you need to.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content