Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SyberFox
      Participant

I finished washing all of the Landry LATE last night (or you could say early this morning) and left it in the basket until morning. usually i would have stayed up and folded it, put it all away, ironed anything that needed to be, but i have finally shaken the fear of bad things happening when chores aren’t done.

i fell asleep with out a care in the world i even made sure i had eaten and taken care of myself (not just my kids) before i started messing with it again.

What a weight off my shoulders!

KIP.
      Participant

That’s great news. The healing continues. I used to write down moments like this so I could look at them when I was struggling. To remind myself how far I’ve come. I used to have to go up and down the stairs six times before I could leave the house. Obsessive compulsive disorder. Knackered before I even left the front door. I do it occasionally now but it’s great to see how far I’ve come. House work was a big deal for me too. He used to use it as a means to abuse me so I became obsessively tidy. Now I can leave dishes in the sink. Even the bed unmade. Huge steps for me x

I understand this. It takes me a lot to withstand a certain level of mess. (No excessive).
      By the way my system of doing laundry might help you, especially if you are short of time going forward in your plans.
      I bought plastic coathangers, lots of them.
      As long as you hang the washing up straight away from the machine you would be surprised how many creases fall out especially of children’s things, and then you don’t need to iron, apart from the odd smart occasion.
      God bless the inventors of lycra!
      hope this helps
      All best
      ftc
      x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content