Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Texas
      Participant

So I recently had a really good think about what kindness meant. This was initially in relation to me learning to be kind to myself. When I overlaid the meaning of kindness onto my ex’s behaviour especially during the love bombing stage, it really opened my eyes to realise he was not kind at all. Kindness is about caring about the feelings of others. He never did. His idea of being kind was things like buying presents. These gestures came from what he believed kindness was, not acts from the heart. A big lightbulb moment.

minimeerkat
      Participant

its so weird texas, i have almost been addicted to a really good book recently & when i took a break from it earlier i had just finished reading:
      “be mindful of over-generosity of gifts or spending contrasted to an under-generosity of spirit or time. any fool can open up a wallet & purchase a gift or a dinner; it is something quite different to be there for you, offer you support, or simply listen” x

Texas
      Participant

Absolutely agree! One is quite fake and superficial, the other authentic. Buying you trinkets and meals is nothing compared to a hug when you are feeling sad.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content