Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Texas
      Participant

So this week I had a massive breakthrough. I have finally fully accepted who the Devil really was and broken free of the trauma bond! What really made the penny drop was something quite ordinary. I was listening to a podcast about romance scammers and could clearly see the similarities in their behaviours and my Devil ex.

I now feel I am finally free to start looking to the future. However I still have a lot of healing to do within myself, but I am so proud to have made it to this milestone.

So keep going, no matter how hard it is, it does get easier.

StrongLife
      Participant

Glad you saw this and heard the podcast.

These men who are violent do similar things, similar behaviours, like they all have this manual and read from it. I too was reading anout this and see nothing different in the information to what the ex did

Texas
      Participant

Yes it made me realise he was no different to these awful scammers. The nice persona was fake.

Ayidaaaaaa
      Participant

I totally get what you mean. I sometimes ask myself where they got it from and if all abusers have the same mind tricks. It’s scary how an information regarding abuse can be so fitting to multiple men.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content