Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi ladies. I just wanted to share something with you. I’m getting the credit that I deserve. A family friend is so proud of me! He says that I’m so brave, inspirational, strong snd I’m a great role model to those who are going through this. I cannot believe what he said to me but he said he’s very proud of my bravery and for getting out. He said he’s known me since I was a little girl and he’s genuinely happy that I managed to find the strength to leave. He said he has the upmost respect for me and that I’m a very unique and special person who is just so simple. He asked if I would remarry and I said yes in a few years not anytime soon I can’t afford to make the same mistake again. He asked what I wanted and I said I want someone who will see I’ve had a tough week at work and make me a cuppa tea! He couldn’t believe how little things mean so much to me. I said I want and deserve to be respected as a human being and that’s it. I want someone who will love life like me, be spontaneous not take themselves seriously. It made me feel warm inside knowing that someone out there believes I will find love again and I’ll get everything out of my marriage which I never ever had from the day I married the Narc. I am so genuinely proud of myself what I’ve achieved in a short space of time is phenomenal. Please ladies give yourself a pat on the back. Every single one of us are just phenomenal we are such inspiring, beautiful ladies we deserve the best and we will get it. I have never ever looked back since I left him it’s the best decision I’ve made. Soon I will be divorced and fully free of him. I already feel so much peace and content within me. I am still such a giving person I helped two family friends out this week with big things even though I need my own time I put others first, but I refuse to keep putting others first and putting myself last things are changing around big time!! Wow what a woman I am and what amazing women you are. It’s a tremendous loss to them and another man’s gain! Believe me when I say we have lost absolutely nothing we have got everything back but even better! Xxxx

Serenity
      Participant

I think we women agree with your family friend!

You are a very strong lady with lots of spark.

I have a feeling you will have a lovely life in the future x 💛

Yes I agree with Serenity, you are a vibrant, fun & feisty addition to the forum Positive. XXXXX

Liquorice
      Participant

This is a great post…well done for being able to recognise your strength and progress xx

Thank you my ladies. He destroyed the sparkle in me snd I’m trying to find that girl again! I barely recognise myself these days. I got rid of a device we shared when we were married. I had screenshots of text messages, photos of us you name it on there. For dome silly reason I decided to read it! It was horrible sitting there reliving exactly what he wanted me to do. He told me to question every relationship with every family member. In short he wanted me to argue with everyone fall out with them, go running back to him with no family support then boom I find myself across the other side of the country with him ‘looking after me!’ The way I stood up for myself was amazing and he tried so hard to wriggle out of it. In a way it triggered me but in other ways it made me realise I will not be getting a text message off him ever again. Before I know it the divorce will come through and that will be that. I am in shock and disbelief that I have done this. It isn’t easy at the best of times but in my community it’s even harder! I can’t wait to Christmas to actually be able to be with my family because I wasn’t allowed to with him. It’s not right ladies no one should ever make you feel like there has to be a choice between you and your family, no one should ever feel they have the right to comment on whether they feel your family treat you right or not. Frankly, opinions that go way above your personal boundaries are out of line. You would not expect this from a friend so it definitely is not acceptable from a partner. I seriously don’t understand how someone could be so sad that they actually enjoy seeing others unhappy it’s completely inhumane. X

Suntree
        Participant

Its good to hear your sparkle is back. it is such a lovely feeling and to know that others you hold dear see it in you and acknowledge your journey is extra special.
        thank you for sharing

Thank you there. That is okay I just hope that the positives with my experience help others x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content