Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Really trying to work things out in my head so Im sorry for keep posting, ive got the online freedom programme so hoping it helps

He says “you s**g” or “shut up” its supposed to be funny and it means he’s feeling sexy, its a turn off. Ive told him I don’t like it. Its said to often. Just makes me wonder what he really thinks of women.

Im not a prude and sometimes in the bedroom it maybe fun, a time and a place.

Then I think I should lighten up, its a joke isn’t it?

Tiffany
      Participant

It’s not a joke. It’s not funny. You have asked him to stop. It’s abuse.

I know people sometimes use swear words as a joke. Or make fun of friends as a joke. But if you find it upsetting it isn’t a joke.

I have a cousin with whom I used to playfight. It was very much in jest. Even though he was bigger and stronger than me he never hurt me and I was never scared. It was a joke. It was fun. Then when my abuser pinned me down or restrained me or hurt me he would bring up this cousin and how I enjoyed playfighting and it was just a joke and why was I overreacting. I wasn’t overreacting. I felt unsafe. I didn’t like it and had asked him to stop and he wouldn’t. It wasn’t play fighting at all. It was abuse and intimidation. It’s scary how much this happens. Our gut IS telling us that this isn’t ok, but we are so lost in the abuse that we can’t trust that that is our gut instinct.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi chocolatebunny, it’s not a joke. My oh calls me those words too, yet when I object, his reply is but you’re my wh..e,s..g, s..t. He also calls ALL women these names, he’s very much a mys….ist, chau…ist and any other ist you care to add. When someone says or does something that hurts or offends you and they don’t stop doing it, that’s abuse. It’s going to take a lot of education to teach society this rule in general, never mind men who’ve spoken this way for generations.

IWMB 💕💕

EbonyRaven
      Participant

There’s nothing either funny or sexy about those phrases. Particularly if you don’t like them.

maddog
      Participant

I don’t get the joke either. If you called him a dip stick or a (removed by moderator) would he find it funny? Or if you told him you liked gagging men with duct tape for fun? Er I don’t think so. He is saying horrible and demeaning things to you especially when you have explicitly told him you don’t like it. Yuck. Vile man. Please keep a diary. Write down everything!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Maddog, my husband would turn round and say, now you’re talking my language. He thinks talking like this with a smile makes it non-abusive, non-derogatory. To me I see the snake from jungle book when he smiles at me now.
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content