Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Graceful
      Participant

wow…..I was on this site about three years ago how things have changed (including this site)

To cut a long story short, I went into refuge (detail removed by moderator)  years ago….I’m now in a new area, a new identity, new life even started studying for a degree. But over the past few months I’ve just had an uneasy feeling. This week one of my kids asked her dad to help with a deposit for a house which he agreed to at first. Then he started adding in conditions with him now wanting the address (which is just round the corner) and rather than transfer her the money, which he has done for (detail removed by moderator) (when needed) he is now saying he will only pay it if he goes into the estate agents himself.
      Am I just being paranoid here?
      Need some advice

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Hey Graceful, glad to hear you are free.

As to your question, one thing I have learned here is to trust your gut. Sounds like he’s getting his claws into your daughter, learning her finances, address and once he pays this deposit he will always hold it over her like a control tool.

If the deposit is for a purchase he’ll need to pay it to the solicitor anyhow, not he estate agent.

Good luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content