Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Scottish Thistle
      Participant

I’ve not been on here for a wee while. Around the time of what would have been our wedding anniversary he started causing hassle, threatening/death threats, putting me in fear and alarm for my safety and recently spouting to family members he has done nothing wrong – he forgets I have proof of what has been said and witness’ to his actions but because he is calculated has passed through the net deficit can not be arrested just warned. Which he has been and is currently on his quiet cycle but expecting to flare up again at the end of the month. The police, womans aid and the local domestic abuse team have all been involved (was even issued a satellite phone from them for my safety) Some of the police I dealt with had been great but majority just brushed everything off and kept telling me to report everything so it was logged making me feel stupid.

The call handlers were all fantastic and didn’t make me feel stupid for reporting things I was told too.

My local woman’s aid have said they have used my experience to report how the police handled domestic abuse cases during Covid despite the big campaign to say the police were there to help and how they are not happy with the responses I received from some of the officers despite being a high MARAK case and for my husband having previous for breaching bail conditions and being charged for threatening and abusive behaviour towards me in the past.

Not really sure what I’m wanting to post about or just putting words together to get things out – I have toned everything down drastically as if I wanted to really spill I’d be here for days and would end up using bad language about how him and some of the local authorities infuriate me with their handling of things.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi ScottishThistle,

I’m sorry to hear your ex is still harassing you, and to hear about the response you’ve had from some of the authorities who are there to support you. That’s great the hear that your local Women’s Aid are being supportive,

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on,

Lisa

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Scottish Thistle, it’s good to hear from you again but really sorry to hear about the circumstances that have brought you back to the forum. It sounds horrendous. After you have been so amazing in how you’ve dealt with everything so far, it’s heartbreaking to hear what you’re going through now.

It’s so disappointing to hear that the police are still getting no better at handling domestic abuse cases. It’s good to hear that you have a good keyworker though. Sending love and hugs. xx

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Thank you both, I’m sure his karma will come in other forms but at the moment I will just carry on as I have been and not giving any reaction to what he is doing as that is what he is really wanting so that he can turn it all around on me.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content