Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Strongenough
      Participant

Just wanted to share a positive moment. Recently I have done some things that both challenge my anxiety and brought me a glimpse back of the real me. The person I was before the abuse.

I have taken a trip. I have spent quality time with family. I have taken time out of work. I have laughed, I have swam in the sea. I have danced. I have relaxed. I have talked to strangers. I have exercised. I have been kind to myself.

Its been great to take a break from the anxiety fuelled, post abuse me.

Maybe there is hope. Maybe we can heal, maybe everything will be OK.

Sending love to everyone on this journey. No matter which stage you are at, it’s gets better, then it’s tough, then it’s even better, and when it gets tough again, this forum has picked me up everytime. Thank you and stay strong xx

Strongenough
      Participant

Should have clarified, for those who don’t know. I’ve been out from my abusive relationship for a good while, but continue to struggle with the aftermath. When I say “we”, I refer to all the amazing women on this forum.

SingleMomSurvivor
      Participant

I love this so much! Thank you for sharing ❤️❤️. There is light on the other side. I’ve never felt so free and happy.

Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

I love this… abuse changes you as a person. It has taken me years and I have celebrated lots of mini successes… I wonder if we ever fully heal or just become different people if that makes sense?x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content