Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m going to write this here, probably knowing that – you guys are going to turn your head slightly to the side and say……..ohh no…she’s lost it now…one of the marbles got chased by a bat up in her belfry and a squirrel got it and has been playing miniature golf with it ever since, blocking any brain cells from connecting…. utter chaos.

But no, just a suggestion and I’m wrapped pretty good for today but who knows about in the next couple of hours! Things could change. What I want you to do – kinda like having your phone speed dialed in for 999, I need you to speed dial in some songs that – make you absolutely want to dance. And I mean dance funky. I mean dance like you’d never ever want anyone to see you dance to……those songs.

Because with me, music rules and if I play certain songs, I’m sorry but my grandmother could be on fire ( they are dead but just sayin if here…) play that music and I’d have to stop and dance. My body would go into a jerk if you kept me from it. I’d have a seizure. I’ll be on my deathbed and if you play certain music my pinkies will dance.

Ladies! You have to have your First Aid pack! (detail removed by moderator) Seriously now. I’m serial about this. Chocolate. Whatever scent floats your boat. Mine is jasmine, citrus, and spice. Send that stuff to your nose! Rub it in, roll in it. Pick a couple of videos that make you want to go crackers because they are so funny. What about Bob does it for me, Liar, Liar and Steel Magnolias. Throw in Fried Green Tomatoes and I’m all good. Oh wait, my favorite of all time is George Carlin so If I really want to get real – I play him. He was my father in another lifetime. Joe Rogan was my brother. Paul Newman – the love of my life in whatever lifetimes I ever lived. A real man – that one.

What else, what else……?? A really favorite lipstick and I mean it has to be Gooooddd! Just put it on, doesn’t matter who sees. Pumps. You gotta have some delicious pumps to strut around in. Don’t have to be so high that if you have a little wine or whine that you’d fall of them and kill yourself. Just pretty and cute. I like red ones.

But of course your favorite dress or whatever. I mean the one you would never wear for your abuser. The one that says I’m sassy and I’d put you out of my misery if you touch this before I say you can, if ever….

More chocolate….

You just gotta rock it. Whatever works for you, you get that emergency kit ready and I’m kinda serious about that. Because when you hit rock bottom, you’re gonna need it just as if you have a car crash or another accident, if you didn’t plan for it, guess what?

We have to plan for things girlies because they are going to find us anyways, so might as well be locked and loaded, right? Thought you would surprise me right? Think again! I’m prepared! I may scare you because of how I look here but that’s all part of my plan as well. Be afraid, be real afraid!! My split personality is afraid!!! sorry…….I’m out of control now……

Anonymous
      Inactive

😂😂😂😂😂😂 This made me literally howl Braelynn. I hope I didn’t wake my abuser up 😂😭😂😭

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for that. I needed a little giggle today. Reminds me of who I am! I also find music makes me forget sometimes and relaxes me so much. I do like abit of Ed sheeran and abit of Ben Howard. Oh and I used to like a bit of red lipstick, been a few years since I’ve worn any though 😂

Cecile
      Participant

How about “river deep mountain high” by Tina Turner. Played full volume. Or “I will survive”. Or ivy pop “lust for life” a real depression buster and great to jiggle to as you slowly consume your chocolate, wine and pizza. Keep a dog that likes music and dance with him/her. Some breeds love it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The old songs are always the best.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I like giggles! We just have to wiggle to our giggles! oh god, that’s a t-shirt… Kinda like my fav t-shirt, Not my circus, not my monkeys!

I think it’s downright healthy to make a fool of ourselves when we are alone. I do it often. Can you tell? I am famous for getting caught but to be honest I really don’t care one way or the other. Catch me, catch me if you can…!! or not.

And yes, I’ve put bubbles in fountains before. It was quite messy…. loads of fun however. Everyone enjoyed it, don’t know what the fuss was about…woo, woo.

Thing is humor is Large when it comes to fighting depression, the “oh I can’t do” thingie and a whole host of other things that plague us that’s why half the time I’m freaking nuts. No apologies from me because it works. Better than smoking weed. I’m allergic to that so can’t go there. People who I went to college with affectionately told people – oh pllleeeasssee do Not give her drugs!! We beg you! She’s high enough already! Was true and no I never did drugs. My lunacy was well documented. Little white coat people are still out with their butterfly nets in my direction.

Hey, if I can’t laugh at myself and others then I dunno here. Might as well pack it all in and call it a day. You gotta wiggle and giggle I mean, c’mon here. I don’t know about anyone else but I do my best fighting as the drunken sailor. Anyone who’s had martial arts training knows what I am talking about. I play the drunken fool quite on purpose. There is a reason to this so-called madness. Not crazy at all. Extremely sane, focused and quite serious. It’s all part of the strategy too of playing offense just not in the big old puffed up way of I’m going to eat you now. No, no. You dance, you make light, you tell jokes, you make fun of yourself, all the while you are watching, taking notes and actually having a good time. Just have to make sure that your inner Bene Gesserit is in charge behind the scenes. I keep her quite handy. If I don’t, I get smacked for it. @#$&^%@*!! …hate it when that happens….

Employ your light side and make it your best friend because down through life it will save your life. It’s saved mine.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh and I do like some rap……I can still dance, btw. Quite well. When I do people go Whaaaattt??? She can do That??? Then it’s the whole guessing game of okay so how old are you really??? I go – um, so since I am a vampire slayer I think in earth years it’s something like…..4,434 years or something around that…??? I kinda got sick of keeping up with those b’days because the candles got to be a fire hazard. I lit a whole countryside on fire one time by accident. oops.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You have such a way with words Braelynn, but it’s actually quite refreshing reading your posts. I know we’re all here because of very bad things that are happening/happened to us, but it’s right what you say. Laughing and smiling is a big of your mental well being, without any form of happiness you’d quickly sink into deep depression I expect. I do love a good giggle anyway, I always have. I spend most of my day with the girls laughing and messing around and thankfully they have both inherited a good sense humour too. Music is definitely a good way to relax, I will literally listen to anything but over the years I’ve found I’m more attracted to songs that I can relate you xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content