Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      VikingQueen
      Participant

I just wanted to share a song with you that has helped me make the final decision to end the relationship.
      (detail removed by Moderator) it helped me so much to see that staying in this so called relationship was ultimately futile and I need to let go.

The song is called “Let Him Fly” by Patty Griffin. Her voice is incredible. Give it a listen. I’d love to know if it’s helped anyone xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m gonna find that and have a listen (I like new song introductions, I love music) There’s a few that helped me (especially the nights before i was training to be a womens aid ambassador) there was a lot of sia (elastic heart, unstoppable) loads of sia’s songs are empowering (makes me wonder what she’s been though?) also Celine off the courage album, I won’t take it lying down really struck a chord) I was listening to a lot of Disney too (I needed something to lighten me up the course matter was really triggering for me )I prepared myself the night before with crystals, green tea and all those different songs (it got me through it) 💖😙💕

VikingQueen
      Participant

I’ll have a listen to those too. Music can be empowering or can make you miserable so you have to choose wisely! Xx

Anonymous
        Inactive

Soooooo true x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

The song that helped me and I still get goosebumps was “ hush hush “ The pussycat Dolls , which is an upbeat version of “ I will Survive “ for me that song says everything and I literally was dancing around my whole house , blasting that tune when I had finally got rid of my abusive ex x

beachhut
      Participant

“So Strong”. by Labi Siffre, the chorus became my mantra, I used to sing it over and over in my head and it kept me going on the bad days, even if I did not feel that strong. Take care all. 💐

nbumblebee
      Participant

@vikingqueen Gosh what a beautiful song wow. Thanks for sharing it really got me. Xxxx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content