Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

Im currently waiting for a call off the officer thats taken on my case of an attack,i have hearded anything. Well she did try to ring me yesterday but i was working and my phone went to voicemail. Ive called back and left a message on her answer phone, still nothing.

Im worried as i feel nothing is guna be done and if it is then the actions i want wont go into play. Why do i feel like im in the wrong? Or beeing punished?

Please tell me im not alone.

KIP.
      Participant

I felt incredible guilt too. Its how we have been conditioned x the police have a job to gather evidence and thats what they will try to do. Stay strong x

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

But why should we feel guilt? I feel the evidence ive given wont be enough. Il try thank u x

KIP.
      Participant

We absolutely shouldnt feel guilty for reporting an abuser and holding them to account. However abusers use guilt to control us. Thats just how they work. Even when i gave evidence in court i still felt like i was the guilty one. Like I was the one on trial. The guilt definately dissapears after a while. Even if there isnt enough evidence, the police will have your statement which will help if other women report him or have done in the past. You can only do your best x

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

Even though he is long gone, i feel terrible guilt and blame. Thats dreadful, you shouldnt have felt like that, mine may have to go to court but im still waiting.
      Thats what im worried about, that there is isnt enough evidence and he is guna be free to do it again and again.

I cant help think i should of reported it on the night and not a couple of days later.

KIP.
      Participant

I reported days later too and he was convicted. Try not to overthink. Just let the police do their job. Well done for reporting. Its on record now x

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

May i ask what happended?
      Its hard not overthink, i think its worse not knowing x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Iam waiting myself .. his bail finshed not that long ago and ive heard nothing. How can i move on when iam stuck in limbo?

chocolatefudgecake
      Participant

I feel just like u, i wana move on and stop feeling like ive gotta look over my shoulder.

KIP.
      Participant

I’ve private messaged you chocolatefudgecake. Top right of page, click on “how are you” message.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content