Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

Im sure that the people who have or currently are abusing me love me in some kind of way. Maybe a mucked up way but im sure they do.

Others have told me they think not.

Whats ur opinion? Can u be loved by someo e who abuses you?

Alittlelost
      Participant

I guess does it depend on what kind of abuse it is?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think my ex thought he loved me and maybe he did in his own way, but I don’t need thst kind of screwed up love. Personally, I don’t think he’s capable of loving anyone.

KIP.
      Participant

No, love does not hurt us. Love cherishes us and empowers us and makes us feel special and good about ourselves. You do not hurt someone you love. What these men love is the sense of power and control that comes from hurting us and keeping us down. There’s a difference. You wouldn’t hurt someone you love. Love is a word abusers throw about to confuse us. The word means nothing to them, it’s just another tool in their box of abuse.

KIP.
      Participant

From the dictionary

Love
      an intense feeling of deep affection.
      “babies fill parents with feelings of love”

Alittlelost
      Participant

Then maybe my boyf goes in and out of love with me.

KIP.
      Participant

No, I’d say he pretends to go in and out of love with you.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

No absolutely not.
      There is no such thing as love and abuse being possible simultaneously in a relationship.
      Love requires Respect first and foremost for another person, it’s the framework of the relationship. Then comes affection, tenderness, kindness and whatever else soft to the heart.
      When someone abuses you there is zero respect therefore zero love for you.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Your abuser is in and out of control with you. Not in and out of love. The difference is huge.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content