Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

He has refused again to sale me the house.

Now he is moving my food in the fridge, swearing fowl language at me, locking the windows so I theres a fire I can t get out, sharpening knifes and as I went to remove my washing from the machine he drove a meat clever in to the chopping board, this was just behind my back. The police have been to see and theres nothing they can do.

Any ideas? I am writing to my solicitor but I just don’t know what to do?

KIP.
      Participant

go back to court and get a court order to force the sale of the house. Surely this should have been put in place as part of the divorce. Did your solicitor just take his word that he would sell? Or ask the court to force him to accept your offer to buy him out. He’s going nowhere. In the meantime move out and rent a room somewhere. You’re frozen with trauma and he’s going to hurt you. It’s escalating as he’s losing control.

pheonix
      Participant

Hi hun good advice from Kip please leave and find a safe place friend, family or refuge ur life is worth more than ur house you can still fight for what is yours from a safe place .

Serenity
      Participant

I agree: the court needs to force the sale of the house.

Have you previously been in touch with the National Centre for Domestic Violence? You could tell them what’s been happening, and they might be able to give you advice or even instruct you on how you might get an occupation order until the house is sold ( whereby he will have to leave the property). If he contests it, that is fine: it will have to go before a judge, and you could relate all this.

X*x

wakingup
      Participant

It’s horrible I’m in the same position waiting for the house to go through. I too have had to tell the police of abuse and mail being opened. Just sell it and move on. I could have bought him out but the house has too many painful memories and now I’m panicking hoping he will sign.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you for your replies. The expression frozen in trauma relates so well to me.

I am seeing a different support group tonight and see what they can do for me.

I will email my solicitor about going to court.

And see about renting though I feel if I leave he will never sale but then he’s not now .

The police don’t seem to understand that he still wants the control of me they think he just wants me out.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content