Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

it’s no wonder it all adds up and has a serious affect on people’s mental health and well being. I’m not just talking about partner abuse. Which is the straw? that breaks the camels back, and mind!

Thanks for reading my ramble đź’ž

Cedarlemon
      Participant

Hi Hazydayz

Your post isn’t a ramble, I have been there and to some extent still there… Abuse completely destroys you as you say your mental health and well being .The straw that broke the camels back for me was his continued accusations about what I was doing (or rather not doing) I just couldn’t take it anymore , it was complete bulls@@t , but his way of controlling me, and in fact he was doing what he accused me of! To add to this there are other aspects of life that have this effect and so it builds into a crescendo where you feel that you are trapped in a room with no way of getting out .. I found t talking therapies very good and you can self refer for them. I am still on meds as well. So again you are not rambling , I totally get it. There is help out there , it’s about getting the right help for you , and I wish you well with that.

Best wishes

Cedarlemon

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content