Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      thankgoodness
      Participant

Abuser stopped talking to me for the past few days. Hooray!! 🙂

How did you feel when your abuser stopped talking to you? Have you got any positive moments, even in this current crisis?

FREE2020
      Participant

Great news they seem to get fed up in the end,zero contact will be worth it in the end stay safe xx

maddog
      Participant

They’re all about power and control. Time to start building a safe place for yourself. A really positive thing about the current crisis is that for the first time in years I feel safe in our house. The children are with me as my ex is too involved with himself. Since school closed he hasn’t been in touch with them.

KIP.
      Participant

Yes maddog I’m glad you reminded me of feeling safe in my own home. Your ex is showing his true colours and your kids won’t forget who stood up for them at this time. It will stay will them always.

thankgoodness
      Participant

The abuser was quiet for days, now today, out of nowhere, he creates trouble again. It never changes. I know I am an abuse victim, can’t escape it. 🙁

thankgoodness
      Participant

I’m keeping quiet, grey rock method, no contact. If I need to express my feelings, I will only talk on this Women’s Aid forum. I cannot speak to the familial abuser.

fizzylem
      Participant

Good for you TG, the more times you do this the stronger you will feel. Its a very clear message, not going there! Clear off! It tells him you are really not worth a minute of my time, I really don’t care what you think, say or do any longer, the days I felt I had to justify myself to you or listen to your sh!te are gone x

thankgoodness
      Participant

Thanks fizzylem x
      It’s amazing Women’s Aid are still helping abuse victims even through this current world crisis. Women’s Aid staff deserve a clap, a round of applause.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content