Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lifebegins
      Participant

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has knowledge going to the police about receiving abusive emails/online communications?

I haven’t had many and not threats but it’s started after a very long time of no contact and I was deemed high risk by the police in the past and had DVPO and non-mols in place.

I’m trying to gauge whether it’s going to make the matter worse and start everything up again by reporting it and police might not even do anything, or if I just don’t respond or engage in anyway, he’ll just stop. My concern though is what if this is just the start and I need to take this seriously….

Any advice ladies would be welcome xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi LifeBegins

Sorry to hear this, that he has started a campaign again 🙁

You don’t have to do anything, maybe the police don’t have to act, but as they have history on him it could be worth passing on that information, exactly as you say, as an early alert in case of further activity? Ask their advice, and make them aware, you could send them copies of it for them to consider any increased risk to you.

Do you have any other support locally that you could ask advice of?

I hope it stops as unexpectedly as it started.

warmest wishes

ts

Lifebegins
      Participant

Thanks ts. It’s so hard to know what to do.

I’ve took your advice and contacted local DV service and awaiting a response.

Part of me thinks just go to the police and get it done. But I know that means weeks/months of police and court action. And I’ve just concluded a huge legal battle which is fantastic and I should be now celebrating it being over and getting on with my life but no, immediately he wants to engage me elsewhere on him!!!!!! And I don’t want to engage!

I could ignore for now and see what happens but my fear is what if I’ve not took this seriously enough and he sees my silence as a weakness and ramps up.

I really don’t know why non mols are time bound. These men never stop and the courts enable them to start abuse again and we have to go back and start the legal process all again. It isn’t good enough!!!!!

Twisted Sister
        Participant

Tell me about it!! 😀 😀 😀

I think we all have the same experience and it is horrific, rarely does it end.

iliketea
      Participant

will pm. xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content