Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex partner, as informed me recently that he’s unable to afford to go to court to have access to see our daughter. He wants instead to arrange seeing us between ourselves. I don’t feel comfortable with that as I still believe he will manipulate me so I said he has to go through court. He now decided to block me. I am thinking about changing my number. As he’s made it clear he won’t try for access now.
      Same with child maintenance, he wanted to arrange it privately, I said no to that too. I don’t trust him and he’s given me no reason too. He’s very up and down with the way he handles conversations with me. One minute we are fine, next he’s flying off the handle at me.
      Am I doing the right thing and just shutting the door. Maybe in a few year he can try again, but for now I want nothing to do with him.

minimeerkat
      Participant

because of the lack of trust, its completely understandable how you are feeling
      most abusive partners will sadly lie & manipulate us for as long as possible – they are very very reluctant to stop trying to control us & our situations. so will do all they can to prevent finding themselves in a situation where someone in authority ends up telling them what they can or cannot do
      sadly things will always be that bit more difficult if contact is required when a child/children are involved
      do you have a support worker from your local da service helping & advising you with this
      and a really good solicitor would definitely be beneficial – usually initial appointments are free & then theres the possibility of being entitled to legal aid x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m currently in refuge, but I do need to get a solicitor. I will get one for my divorce.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content