Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Cherrycake
      Participant

Has anybody been through this?
      (Detail removed by moderator) years of emotional and sexual abuse. While I was pregnant with our second I was strong and brave enough to talk about the abuse and make a video statement. After (detail removed by moderator) months of investigation, (detail removed by moderator) I was told that cps came to the decision of ‘insufficent evidence’. My heart broke and I felt so let down… after so much evidence (videos, texts, witness’ and ex partner who he was the same with came forward). They got my hopes up and then knocked me down. Didnt even bother coming to see me… just called me up ajd that was it.

(Detail removed by moderator) after that happened, I was made aware that my ex has applied for access to the children. I know I need to fight this…but I feel is it even worrh it? Ive been let down by the justice system already and feel it will be the same.
      He was awful to our eldest and never wanted anything to do with our youngest… hasnt bothered in a year. Its his family forcing him to do this just to hurt us.
      How are they able to do this? I feel so ready to fight.
      What can I do? Can I appeal cps desicion?
      Where do I stand at keeping my babies safe? Im terrified of what he might do and feel like nobody will listen.
      Really need some support from people who have been through similar!

cupofcoffee
      Participant

If you have evidence, ie police involvement, texts, a log of abuse, witness statements, then I think it is extremely unlikely he will get the kids. Is your eldest able to say what his dad was like with him as that is more evidence? Are social services involved? As they should also have logs of his behaviour. Stay strong, a lot of men threaten this but it is all empty threats to scare us, sending hugs to you hun.

Cherrycake
      Participant

Because it was never really pyshical I find its so hard to ‘prove’. I have videos of him calling me names saying he will lie to courts and take kids away from me etc. I have a phonecall to womens aid when he took our son and ran off with him, saying he wanted to die.I have a health visitor who had noted down that she felt he was controlling, he wouldnt give eye contact or smile etc. Witness from one incident where he was shouting at me calling me names because I was (detail removed by moderator).
      I just dont know what the police had taken.. they never told me and Im not sur what they can tell me. I have decided to appea the decision by cps and go from there.
      I just have a fire in my belly now to fight.
      I have waited (detail removed by moderator) weeks now for a letter of some kind but had nothing.. I dont think its a threat as he was being realy nice (the abusers charm as always). We will have to wait and see.
      Thankyou x

cupofcoffee
      Participant

It doesn’t matter that it was not physical, it is a lot of independent witnesses to say that his behaviour was unacceptable, and other people’s opinions are valuable as it shows that they saw the controlling, intimidating behaviour too. Good luck hun!

Cherrycake
      Participant

I agree. When I went to the police I told them about the health visitor and they said they would take a statement as it was important. But they never did? I have appealed the decision (detail removed by moderator), I need to fight this for my own sanity. I need to show them what he is like before it happens again, I need the justice I deserve and need to keep my children safe.
      Thankyou x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content