Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Went to see a mental health person today. I am trying to deal with the mental health fall-out of being raped repeatedly. I told the nurse this was why I was so messed up. I’m really afraid that the nurse is going to tell Social Services and I will end up back in court for admitting this. Why is my past suffering something to threaten me with?

KIP.
      Participant

Why should the fact that you were a victim of rape be used against you? Hopefully they will be more likely to find you some help. What you said should be strictly confidential unless you’re threatening to harm yourself or others x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Indeed if you are blamed in any way this would be victim-blaming. You are a victim of rape and should get supported the best possible way and shown high respect for the fact you had actually the courage to even confide in someone about your traumatic experience. You could contact Rape Crisis to get reassurances and validation as well.
      Keep posting 💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s the fact that I admitted my lo is going to stay with my rapist, even though I can’t stop this, but I have been officially ordered not to tell anyone what was done to me. Staying silent almost sent me mad. The conversation was started with the confidential, but… statement and I don’t know if what I said would be taken further.

Escapee
      Participant

I first admitted to my situation to a health professional. She was brilliant in the fact that she got everything and everyone moving so quickly but she didn’t contact adult social services without my permission – I had to give the ok for her to raise the flag of me being a vunerable adult.
      As it all moved so quickly I really freaked out and asked everyone to back off as I needed to feel in control – they did.
      So don’t worry, unless they believe you are in immediate danger or children are they will respect your wishes.
      Hope this helps xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you all. Its been a long time since I left and I’m still on edge. There’s something about being naughty that sticks with me.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content