Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Whichway
      Participant

I am new to the forum and have been contemplating writing a post for a few days.
      My post was going to be about my situation and to get thoughts on it. But I now feel on top of the actual situation I now have to worry about the consequences of finding help.
      I do have a controlling and coercive husband at times and this has been confirmed by a psychotherapist and women’s aid among close friends and family. However he is a wonderful dad to our 2 teenage children and mostly a wonderful husband to me. I have seeked help-just emotional help to talk things through -and in doing so I have now had a referral to social services despite affirming that there is no risk whatsoever to my children. How has this helped me?! I now have the added worry of them contacting me/my husband or worse turning up at the door when there is no reason for them to become involved. And just because I needed someone to talk things through with. I feel very let down.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Whichway

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry to hear that things have been taken out of your hands in this, way and i understand this probably feels quite disempowering. Contact your local Women’s Aid or if you already have a support worker make them aware of this straight away as they may be able to help liaise with social services.

We are here on this forum to support you

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Some professionals have a duty of care to your children. If they sense any danger at all and don’t act, there are consequences to them. Your thought process isn’t working safely when stuck in an abusive relationship. A wonderful father wouldn’t abuse the mother of their children. This impacts on them indirectly and they learn from behaviour of their parents. Try to lean on women’s aid and speak to social Services about the consequences for you if your abuser should be informed. Intervention from professionals was the best thing ever for me, I was just too traumatised and scared to act x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content