Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

I had to go away for a few days as the threats were rather intense and he turned up. Although Zi have bruised fingers, things could be a lot worse! I have tried to contact my local WA today and WA help line but no luck, they were busy or no answer, just want some advice as back home andI am a bit worried about what will happen next.

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

I would consider contacting 101 because you will get through to them and they too can support you.
      I realise contacting the police likely wasn’t what you were hoping for in the first instance, but this sounds really high risk and unpredictable. I am sorry, I don’t mean to cause you panic with my words but I just want to make sure you are safe and supported.

Remember, dial 999 if you are in immediate danger. I’m also going to put a link below which gives info on ‘The Silent Solution’ , this is if you are in a situation where you need emergency help from police but can’t speak. You can only do this from a mobile though. Details in link below.

https://inews.co.uk/news/silent-999-calls-how-to-press-55-police-advice-watchdog-277598

If you get this message now, it’s is incredibly late/early and now might be a better time to call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline. Also, if you continue to not be able to get through to local or national number. You could try the e-mail facility, or the webchat facility on Womens Aid- link below.

I need help – information and support on domestic abuse

If you don’t get opportunity to call any of above numbers, could you try to get to a GP? Don’t be put off by reception, this would be an emergency and they should give you an urgent appointment, also face-toface ideally due to it being emergency. You can then confide in them and they may be able to advocate for you in getting further support.

I hope this helps, please let us know your thoughts and how you get on.
      Take care
      Soulsearcher x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content