Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      I.dont.know.
      Participant

Hi all , I would like to know how people managed to get out? I cannot afford to rent privately on my own??

phone womens’ aid lovely. Consider going to a refuge – they will help you apply for accommodation and so on. Step by step…

Daisy
      Participant

Got anyone you can stay with initially,freedomtochose?
      Friends, family, it’s worth considering. Lots of us have not wanted to amit to friends and family what’s really going on , but have been glad after because of the help and support, it doesn’t need to be forever, just to give you a safe place and time to think.
      Local council, local d.v services, women’s aid helpline,
      And check out turn to us website or similar re any financial help you might get to make renting perhaps a possible option after all
      X x x

hello, I am really sorry, but I can’t accept anyone into my house, because my circumstances would complicatge theirs and the other way around
      all best
      ftc
      x

Janedoeissad
      Participant

Hi I.dont.know

I managed to get out. I left in the middle of the day while he was at work. Took what I could and went to stay with family. I slept on their sofa for a little while. Even brought my fur babies with me 🙂

Make a plan, plan everything. The slightest things going wrong will make you want to not bother.

As someone who is out. Its totally worth the hassle.

Best wishes
      J
      xx

supersonic
      Participant

Contact womens aid

My name was on the lease for our home so I got the police to put my ex out due to coercive control

Only thing is I’m still stuck in the place and my ex knows it, but I am free from the abuse, it was worth it

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi
      I planned my escape I got him arrested as I was scared of him.
      It also gave me enough time to sort out where I was going to go.
      I stayed with family for a year. Till j finally found my own place
      Best desicion I ever made.
      Good luck 🍀

Iwon
      Participant

Leaving was hard. No money as he had racked up so much debt in my name. He always said I would never survive.

I look back now and think God how did I live in that he’ll. Was tough but we have got our own home now and we live in peace.

Am even engaged to be married to a lovely man. I would have ended up dead by now. Either by my hand and his.

I realized something really important. I convinced me I needed him as I was to c**p to survive alone because he had crushed my self esteem so much.

I realize now he was the weak dependant one who needed to crush me to feel like a big man. In fact he was weak and needy x

Hello I’ve just read this thread, bit of a misunderstanding I have been out for more than five years.
      thread has been a bit confusing
      all best
      ftc
      x

Poodlepower
      Participant

I got out with the help of the police, I made a statement, they arrested him and charged him with assault. He was released on bail with the condition that he didn’t contact me, come to my home or village as he was no longer welcome there.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content