Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lilliput
      Participant

Hi all,
      This is the first time I’ve posted in any survivor forum. I just wanted to be able to chat to someone, please? I got out of my DV relationship (detail removed) My husband told me I was a bad mother and took my children from me (I was too terrified to argue). He has since told social services that I abused him and they have sided with him saying the children are better off with him and staying in the family home. (detail removed by moderator)My ex is very controlling (obvs) and only lets me see my girls (detail removed) for 1.5 hours one weekday evening and 24 hours sat to sunday. Now he’s started a new relationship and she lives very far away I am expecting him to move and I’ll never see my girls again. Please somebody tell me there is hope, ‘life after DV’ seems like a joke to me. Please, please help. I’m so lost.

Hetty
      Participant

Have you sought legal advice? X

fizzylem
      Participant

Wondering if there would be grounds to re-evaluate at this junction? The main reasons for them staying with their father in the family home were to provide stabilty, the least disruption to them yes? If he is now planning on moving which means he intends to place this upheaval onto them, change their schools, take them away from their friends and mother – then it wouldn’t be unreasonable of you to want to make sure this is what is best for them and thus put in an application for a prohibited steps order, so that his plan and your plan can be conisdered and the best outcome for the children realised, to stop him from just going a head.

I would call Rights for women asap about this and talk it through, and WA helpline to discuss it; and DV Assist as they could help you get the PSO x

diymum@1
      Participant

It’s definitely worth a shot at turning this around ? Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content