Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey everyone,

I can feel myself slipping into a black fog of depression and have an appointment booked for later this morning.

If I explain that I am being emotionally abused – what happens? I don’t want anyone else involved but I know the dr will have a duty of care.

Any ideas what would happen if I did mention it?

Hugs

TTMO xx

White Rose
      Participant

Hi sorry had left for work by the time you posted and just got back.
      I hope the appointment went ok.
      I didn’t tell my GP I was abused as I didn’t realise it at the time!!! Talking to her helped me understand and her support got me better emotionally and then reality hit and I identified his behaviours. Looking back she threw enough lines to me that should have made me realise but I was naive at that stage to think it was all due to me.
      Regardless of cause of ypur depression Gp will help I hope x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you White Rose.

I didn’t mention it, I thought about it a lot but I didn’t say anything. Not really sure what it would have achieved really? I can’t explain but it felt like the logical next step for me in a way, but at the same time it is a step too far as I know I’m not ready for HIM to know that I know what he’s up to. If that makes any sense whatsoever!

Thanks for replying to me x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

You should tell your GP. Your abuser will not find out because what you say to your GP is confidential.
      GPs scan be indifferent to such reports, but there are also some who are alert. If you are lucky you will get help. It is worth a try.
      Tell them next time. It can also help you later when the GP makes a note about your emotional abuse.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

PLeae make an another appointment get it logged in and u will get support from other agencies to approach

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content