Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

Police have phoned they are removing the alarm. I don’t know what to do as still feel very vulnerable, especially as significant dates are coming up and still have court dates to attend, which is a particularly dangerous time. Today I have been told something has been sent to a third person from him to pass onto me. This makes me feel very nervous, I know there are other people who are in need of the device but this will leave me without any safety measures for the forthcoming dates. Advice please

KIP.
      Participant

Report his attempted contact via a third party to the police. See if this person will give a statement to show you are still being targeted. If they take the alarm then ask for a police marker on your home and your phone number requiring immediate response. Do you have a victim support contact? Ring them and see if there is help from them. Sometimes they have a fund for cctv cameras or extra locks and house alarms.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Benson,

I just wanted to show you some support. Can you get your Women’s Aid worker to liaise with the Police too, so that the agencies are joined up in their assessment of your situation and risk? I am sorry that you feel so fearful, its a horrible situation to be in. Please report the third party contact and the fact that you feel extra vulnerable due to pending court dates. Remember you can always ask to speak to a woman and someone from the domestic abuse unit in the Police.

We are all here for you so please keep posting to let us know how you are.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content