Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Footballfan1
      Participant

I had to take a day off work this week because everything has been getting to much mentally.
      I didn’t sleep a wink all night.
      It upset me as I haven’t had to take time off for it before.
      Things are dragging because ex is refusing to cooperative.
      I felt really stressed yesterday and upset.
      I didn’t sleep much again last night but I got a lot of clarity from thinking.
      I’m not letting him get to me anymore, this is going to drag on for years, I can tell.
      I’m going to give me n the kids the best life I can.
      We have been surviving not living.
      The boys need therapy for all they have been through.
      Especially since a recent incident, they have been jumpy of loud noises and scared in the evenings incase ex turns up. I’ve gone into work today and feel upbeat, the kids have obviously sensed my positive attitude because they have been really happy this morning.
      I told them we are going to get a takeway for tea tonight and bike to the canel tomorrow to feed the ducks.
      Ive been staying in the house when not working but enough is enough. I wont let us be prisoners in our own home anymore x*x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

HI Footballfan1

Yes, I read of your distress on another thread and nearly sent my sympathies your way on there, but I am glad you have made a new thread, and that you’ve found your mojo again.

TBH you’ve done so well to only take one day sick throughout such an ordeal, and yes, absolutely, tour children will follow your positive upbeat lead, but you all do need some down time and those horrible reality checks, but awesome to follow up with such lovely plans to do great things together that bring you all closer and having fun together.

I hope that the authorities can get a real grip on him soon legally and you can all truly get the freedom you all so need.

Enjoy the ducks!

warmest wishes

ts

Footballfan1
      Participant

Thank you TwistedSister,

I appreciate your reply.
      I’ve had so much support the last week from friends, family etc, I feel very blessed and supported.
      My friend sent me a screen shot with these words today-

If you carry one thing with you today, let it be this-
      You are brave, you are beautiful, you are strong, you are smart, you are loved.
      That’s so beautiful and meant for every lady on here too ❤️

Twisted Sister
        Participant

what a lovely friend you have to send such caring supportive words to you.

I am glad you are feeling the love and support around you, long may it support you through healing.

warmest wishes

ts

Twix
      Participant

You’re doing amazing! Every day you’re becoming stronger & more confident & I know your children will be so grateful for what you’ve done to protect them.
      The ups & downs are something to endure but eventually there will only be happy times to remember & the tough times will make you more resilient against the bad.
      Keep smiling & have a lovely weekend!xx

Footballfan1
      Participant

Thanks Twix,

Your right.
      You have a great weekend too thanks 😊 xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content