Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Millionpieces
      Participant

Hi all,
      He found (detail removed by Moderator) but the experience in court is bring me so low. I’m broken down again.. Back to square one..

What punishment did he get?

Millionpieces
      Participant

Not decided yet. Will be decided in future..

Do you know when? Well done MP.🙋❤

Millionpieces
      Participant

Yes they let me know the date but not the what kind of punishment. Funnily I don’t feel happy at all. I don’t know how I feel but definitely not good. I’m confused, shouldn’t I feel better? Why making me be in bad stage?

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, when mine was found guilty I immediately felt sorry for him, until the woman said well how would you feel if he’d been found not guilty. I would have been devastated. He’s still in your head. It’s very very difficult to get a guilty verdict. There’s an awful emotional trauma that hits you but after a couple days you will see things differently. Take time to heal. Well done for setting a good example for other women to follow. The more abusers that are prosecuted, the more the community gets to see that they will not be tolerated. That’s a huge unpleasantness you can put behind you now x
      In my experience, don’t expect too much from sentencing x all mine got was a (detail removed by Moderator) but at least he has a criminal record. He will think twice before abusing again x

Millionpieces
      Participant

Thank you KIP,
      I don’t expect anything but just to do the right thing, this just life. What I have been through it’s just how it’s suppose to be. Before I went to court I make sure it’s not because revenge or anger. I did that successfully after long battle with my self, try to understand everything. Yes I did stood up for my self but not only for my self I know how he is, he wouldn’t stop because all this time he get away with it but he will think about it now. I know that I have to do something for society.
      I feel so awful after the court but I’m sure it is just one step back but I will make sure I am going to keep moving forwards for better future.

I agree with kip, he deserves a criminal record & you deserve a happy life

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content