Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

(detail removed by moderator)
      He drove away only to come back a couple of minutes later. I reckon he is wanting to hit me but drives off like a l*****c to avoid showing his true colours.
      I have already had something thrown at my face since I came back from the refuge.
      I am not even scared of him. Not one bit. Being scared of him would mean to me bowing down to an abuser who loves to intimidate me. I will not feel fear.
      I read more of “why does he do that” last night, he is on most pages, but the part describing an abuser’s reaction to the victim’s anger was spot on. I read also some old correspondence again and it’s horrific to read all the warning signs that were there…
      I wish I could show him all that, but I believe it is dangerous to do so.
      When you know your enemy…

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bridget,

I am sorry that you are still suffering abuse on a daily basis. I hope that you are working with your Domestic Abuse worker to try to plan towards a life when you will be free from having daily contact with him. Your situation must be so stressful and unhappy for you and your children. Please do try the helpline if you get a safe time to talk, they might help you think of an option that you haven’t yet explored.

You and your children deserve to feel happy in a family that centres around respect.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content